- Books ˅
- Extras ˅
- My Account ˅
Cheaper: Insiders' Tips for Saving on Everything
In today’s uncertain economy, if using a little buying savvy can get you small- or even big-ticket items at a cheaper price, can you afford not to do it? Now, with this handy, accessible guide, Rick Doble–a veritable king of haggling–and consumer expert Tom Philbin share the secrets to paying less on a variety of products and services, from cars, cellphones, and food to home improvement and banking. Through anecdotes and lively vignettes, Cheaper offers industry insider tips that will give you the edge before you even open your wallet.
• Save up to 14 percent a year on gas by doing one easy thing.
• Save $1,000 and more at your local supermarket just by knowing where to look.
• Don’t assume you can’t get a discount on something. Always ask.
• Remember: The imperfect find can lead to the perfect deal.
• Complain the right way and get exactly what you want.
Save money on just about everything–candy, computers, funerals, furniture, travel–and discover little-known insider secrets and tricks of the trade. So stop paying too much, and make the most of your money!
About the Author
Rick Doble is the king of haggling and has been teaching people how to save money on his website, in his newsletter, and in magazines for fifteen years. He lives in Smyrna, North Carolina.
Tom Philbin writes both fiction and nonfiction. He is the author of How to Hire a Home Improvement Contractor Without Getting Chiseled and other books on saving money. He lives in Centerport, New York.