- Books ˅
- Extras ˅
- My Account ˅
Louder Than Words (eBook)
Louder Than Words (eBook)
International bestselling author and behavior expert Joe Navarro helps you successfully navigate the business world by understanding what your boss and coworkers are really thinking.
Why is it that some people have all the elements of success—education, skills, integrity, motivation—but can't seem to move from effectiveness to excellence in their careers? Behavior expert Joe Navarro reveals the long-sought answer. Louder Than Words teaches how to master nonverbal intelligence, the ability to interpret and use nonverbal signals—in poker terms, "tells"—in business to assess and influence others.
Drawing on his decades in the behavioral sciences, Navarro shows how to use his simple yet powerful "comfort/discomfort" model to decode what's really being said at meetings, interviews, negotiations, presentations, business meals, and more, including the casual exchanges that often impact decisions and reputations.Jump-start your career as you discover how to:
- Read body language to understand what clients, coworkers, interviewers, or interviewees are thinking, feeling, or intending, and discern nonverbal cues of concern, disagreement, or doubt—even over the phone
- Master the all-important first impression and use settings, seating, and gestures to inspire and captivate
- Recognize habits that send the wrong message, from nail biting to wearing inappropriate attire—and see what posture, work practices, workspaces, and even electronic habits say about people
- Become culturally aware and gender-sensitive, from best handshake practices to personal space preferences
- Learn what the "comfort dividend" can do for you and your business
- Explore how the concept of "curbside appeal" applies to you and your business, and can mean the difference between average and exceptional
Use Louder Than Words to close the deal, keep your customers, secure new ones, and lead your company with confidence. For job seekers looking to stand out from the pack, this book is your get-back-to-work bible.
About the Author
Joe Navarro was a career FBI agent specializing in nonverbal communications and is now a lecturer and consultant for major companies worldwide. He has appeared on Hardball with Chris Matthews, the Today show, the CBS Early Show, CNN, Fox News, and other major media. He lives in Tampa, Florida.
Praise for Louder Than Words…
“Louder Than Words takes us from an understanding of nonverbal behavior to an understanding of something far more valuable for success—nonverbal intelligence.”
-Robert B. Cialdini, author of Influence: Science and Practice, www.influenceatwork.com
“Joe Navarro brings together the art and science of nonverbal communications for the business sector with the edge of a former FBI agent and the insight of a world-class observer.”
-Jack Canfield, co-author of The Success Principles
“Joe Navarro has spent his professional life studying nonverbal language, and testing those insights in high-stakes environments. We are fortunate that he is willing to share those insights in this marvelous book. It is a must read for anyone in business (and anyone not in business).”
-Brian J. Hall, Albert H. Gordon Professor of Business Administration, Harvard Business School
“Louder Than Words is proof once again that in reading nonverbals, Joe Navarro is a master.”
-David Givens, Ph.D., author of Crime Signals and Love Signals