Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
The American Indian medicine wheel was an ancient way of creating sacred space and calling forth the healing energies of nature. Now, drawing on a lifetime of study with native healers, herbalist and ethnobotanist E. Barrie Kavasch offers a step-by-step guide to bringing this beautiful tradition into your own life--from vibrantly colorful outdoor circle designs to miniature dish, windowsill, or home altar adaptations. Inside you'll find:
- Planting guides for medicine wheel gardens in every zone, from desert Southwest to northern woodlands
- A beautifully illustrated encyclopedia of 50 key healing herbs, including propagation needs, traditional and modern uses, and cautions
- Easy-to-follow herbal recipes, from teas and tonics to skin creams and soaps--plus delicious healing foods
- Ideas for herbal crafts and ceremonial objects, including smudge sticks, wind horses, prayer ties, and spirit shields
- Seasonal rituals, offerings, and meditations to bless and empower your garden and your friends, and much more
Practical, beautiful, and inspiring, The Medicine Wheel Garden
leads us on a powerful journey to rediscovering the sacred in everyday life as we cultivate our gardens . . . and our souls.
"There is food for the body and food for the spirit. Barrie Kavasch offers both."
--Kenneth Little Hawk, Micmac-Mohawk storyteller and musician