How to Help Your School Thrive Without Breaking the Bank will help you improve your school without investing in externally developed, expensive, and time-consuming reform programs or initiatives. It's packed with replicable strategies and practical tools that educators in any school can incorporate to transform the culture and improve student achievement and professional practice. You'll learn how to
* Hone your own leadership and grow new leaders among your staff;
* Develop a vision and a mission for your school;
* Promote excellence among both staff and students;
* Make the most of your time and facilitate effective meetings; and
* Mine and use data with purpose.
For most schools, times are tough and money is tight--but school leaders must still focus on how to steadily improve student achievement. Academic performance will improve in the long term only if your school has a healthy culture marked by integrity, a strong work ethic, collaboration, and reflective risk taking. Strengthening those foundational elements will help you sustain positive change in your school, even in difficult economic times.
The good news is that you already have the resources you need to help your school thrive. This book will help you to maximize them.