Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
From serene Buddhist temples to the world's busiest intersection, experience the cosmopolitan culture, deeply embedded history, and legendary cuisine of Japan's top cities. Inside Moon Tokyo, Kyoto & Hiroshima you'll find:
Experience the best of these three cities at your own pace with Moon Tokyo, Kyoto & Hiroshima.
- Flexible itineraries for 1 to 5 days in Tokyo, Kyoto and Hiroshima that can be combined into a longer trip
- Must-see highlights and unique experiences: Stroll Kyoto's Philosopher's Path, learn about Hiroshima's history at the Peace Park, and marvel at the towering bronze Buddha in Nara's Toda-ji temple. Get a taste of Tokyo's epic nightlife, stay in a traditional ryokan, or soak up views of Mount Fuji
- The best local flavors: Indulge in a beautiful, multi-course kaiseiki, and feast on fresh sushi or savory ramen. Make your way through the largest fish market in Toyko, sample sake, and get acquainted with Japanese whiskeys at a tasting room
- Ideas for side trips from each city, including Yokohama, Nara, and Kobe
- Expert insight from American expat and longtime Tokyo local Jonathan DeHart
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Background information on the landscape, history, and conduct and cultural customs of each city
- Helpful resources on Covid-19 and traveling to Japan
- Handy tools such as visa information, train travel tips, a Japanese phrasebook, and recommendations for seniors, LGBTQ+ travelers, travelers of color, families with children, and more
Spending more time exploring the whole country? Grab a copy of Moon Japan
. Just hanging out in Tokyo? Check out Moon Tokyo Walks
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.