#1 best-selling guide to Thailand*
Lonely Planet Thailand is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Wander through wild orchids in Mae Hong Son, charter a longtail boat on the Andaman Coast or look for tigers and monkeys in national parks; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Thailand and begin your journey now
Inside Lonely Planet Thailand Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - current affairs, history, politics, arts, architecture, environment, food & drink, responsible travel
- Free, convenient pull-out Bangkok map (included in print version), plus over 100 maps
- Covers Bangkok, Central Thailand, Ko Chang, Chiang Mai Province, Northern Thailand, Hua Hin, Southern Gulf, Ko Samui, Lower Gulf, Phuket, Andaman Coast and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Thailand , our most comprehensive guide to Thailand, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights? Check out Discover Thailand, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
- Looking for a beach escape? Check out Lonely Planet Thailand's Islands and Beaches.
- Looking for a guide focused on Bangkok or Phuket? Check out Lonely Planet's Bangkok or Phuket guides for a comprehensive look at all the city has to offer; or Pocket Bangkok or Pocket Phuket, handy-sized guides focused on the can't-miss sights for quick city visits.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Southeast Asia on a shoestring, a comprehensive guide to stretching money for an extended trip across the region.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
*Source: Nielsen BookScan. Australia, UK and USA