Do you want to understand the roles of thinking in systems and how they affect, hinder, or aid in fulfilling your life? Do you want to increase your thinking skills and build effective mental models?
Just as every node on a network contributes to the final result, every action of a member of a particular organizational system contributes to the outcome. Without a broad view of interconnectedness, our problem-solving skills are limited and short-sighted, and our abilities to make long-term, beneficial decisions are hampered. If we don't acknowledge our interdependence's complexity, then we are doomed to replicate a system that will ultimately fail.
The human mind expects events and describes fundamentals by building small-scale models of the real world. There is a mental model for everything that happens around you. Once you start using them in your life, your day-to-day life will start becoming so much easier.
In this book, you will learn:
- The key concepts of systems thinking
- A step-by-step method to solve any problem
- Tips to improve your decision-making process
- The role of Chaos Theory in systems thinking
- What is wrong with your current way of thinking, and how you can improve it
- Strategies for developing habits, mental toughness, and resilience to combat mental clutter
- 40 mental models that you can use in your daily life
- How to expand your set of mental models, create new ones and use them effectively
... And much more
Awareness of our interconnectedness is key to solving the biggest and most complex problems we face in contemporary society.
You will be astonished as to how you start seeing the world in a different light the moment you expose yourself to a new mental model. There is no end to the number of mental models that exist on this earth, and you will learn about so many of them in this book. Ready to get started?
Get "Thinking in Systems and Mental Models" right now