A wealth of culture, Vienna puts art, music and theatre at center stage.
Whether you want to explore the stunning Schönbrunn Palace and Gardens, indulge in a slice of sachertorte at one of the city's grand cafés or see Gustav Klimt's masterpieces at the Belvedere, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all that Vienna has to offer.
Steeped in imperial splendor, Vienna delights at every turn. From Roman Ruins at the foot of the Hofburg to the tallest tower of Gothic Stephansdom, the city's landmarks are a testament to its rich history. No list of Vienna's treasures would be complete without its magnificent museums and world-famous classical music.
Our regularly updated guide brings Vienna to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights and advice, detailed information on all the must-see sights, inspiring photography, and our trademark illustrations.
- our pick of Vienna's must-sees, top experiences and hidden gems
- the best spots to eat, drink, shop and stay
- detailed maps and walks which make navigating the city easy
- easy-to-follow itineraries
- expert advice: get ready, get around and stay safe
- color-coded chapters to every part of Vienna, from Stephansdom Quarter to Schottenring, Hofburg Quarter to Belvedere Quarter
Want the best of Vienna in your pocket? Try our DK Eyewitness Top 10 Vienna.