Idyllic colonial towns and fast-paced cities, jaw-dropping mountains and stunning beaches: see it all with Moon Colombia.
- Strategic itineraries for exploring the wild coasts, historic towns, and rural countryside, plus a multi-week trip covering the best of Colombia
- Honest advice from local writer Andrew Dier, who provides his American-expat perspective on his adopted home
- Full-color maps and photos throughout
- The top sights and unique experiences: Stroll along the bougainvillea-strewn cobblestone streets of Cartagena, or explore wildlife preserves, and hike diverse biomes from the Andes to the Amazon. See the ancient ruins of Ciudad Perdida and visit indigenous communities to learn about Colombia's past and present. Swim in the Carribean, or spot humpback whales in the Pacific. Immerse yourself in regional festivals to experience Colombia's diverse music and dance traditions, enjoy nouvelle Colombian restaurants and hopping nightlife of Bogotà, or the perfect weather and locally-grown coffee of Medellín
- In-depth coverage of Bogotá, Cartagena and the Caribbean Coast, Boyacá and the Santanderes, Medellín and the Coffee region, Cali and Southwest Colombia, the Pacific Coast, San Andrés and Providencia, and the Amazon and Los Llanos
- Background information on the landscape, culture, history, and environment, as well as a handy Spanish phrasebook
- Essential insight for travelers on trekking through jungles, accessing remote mountain ranges, and exploring ancient ruins, with tips for traveling safely and respectfully engaging with the local culture
With Moon Colombia's practical tips and insider's view, you can plan your trip your way.
Only visiting one region? Try Moon Bogotá, Moon Medellín or Moon Cartegena & Colombia's Caribbean Coast. Country-hopping in South America? Check out Moon Peru or Moon Ecuador & the Galápagos Islands.